Facebook

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

What are you scared of? Strange Fruit & Hooded Man

A young boy was shot. No one even cared at first. A young BOY was shot and the first thing out your mouth was what did he do. A young BOY was shot and you justified it by talking about what he was wearing. Why am I so upset? Why are you not? Where ok with are young black boys getting shot now? When I was younger there where rules in our house. Some people would call my mother strict but now I know there was a reason. Don't wear dark close at night your too dark to be doing that. She told me one day in the car. I was 13/14 years old at the time. See most people that don't know how my family speaks you see this rude, insensitive, maybe even darkist/racist. When I think back on this I remember love and warning. Mother knew things that I didn't. She knew the world I lived in. She understood they will kill a little black boy and not think anything of it.. My mother told my brother he was not allowed to wear a plan white tee that was oversized. Even if he pants wasn't hanging off his ass. When he asked why my mother told him "you are black you all ready have one strike against you" I didn't understand and asked her to explain. She said "they will always be looking for a young black male with blue jeans and a white shirt... So don't fit the description" my mother loved me. Sometimes I forget this.. Her love is different her love is so different. My mother taught me because she loved me and no one can tell me different.. We kill little black boys and if no one is there to make a scene no one will care.

No comments:

Post a Comment